There’s a lot of form of travel stress that travelers might experience before, during or after the travel itself. The intensity of the stress is also relatively varied from one individual to another.
Every individual also has their own way to manage the stress. Some of travelers overcome travel stress by distracting themselves from the main cause. Some other travelers overcome travel stress by enjoying the trip more or planning the trip more thoroughly.
One of the biggest causes of travel stress is planning. For some travelers, planning the trip is crucial since it can help putting their mind at ease. For others, planning is not necessarily needed and let the flow of the trip guide them.
Travel stress caused by planning
The type of travel caused by planning means the stress itself has begun prior to the trip itself. Planning travel include researching destination, handling travel arrangements, planning itinerary, listing things to pack, and many more. These activities are necessary for travelers who tend to worry easily over small things. By planning, they will feel more at ease. However, sometimes the planning process itself lead to more stressful mind. If you are experiencing this type of travel stress, here are tips to overcome it:
- First, try to be organized in making your plan. Instead of taking notes in various object like notebook and computer, it is better to choose one thing. Thus, everything is organized in one place carefully.
- Make sure to make a checklist of things you have to do before going for a trip such as finishing your report, applying for a visa, making general itinerary, getting new prescription, ordering a guide book, etc. if you have difficulty choosing the priority, you can make a list and write them down on your note. This way, you can easily identify which homework you have finished before going for a trip.
- In planning a trip, it is important to set a realistic timeline. You can break down things you need to do based on the timelines. This can make your attempt in planning come easier. For example, you choose Monday to apply for a visa, Tuesday to book the flight, and Wednesday to pack necessary items.
- If you have travel partners, ask them to join the planning process. They may have great opinion or idea of how to make your plan works. Besides, it can make you feel more grounded because the stress you experience is shared with others.
- You don’t have plan your trip into details. It can be more stressful the more you are getting into details. You can just do the general bit and figure out the rest once you are on your trip. However, if you insist to plan everything thoroughly but getting more stressful, it is recommended to ask for help from travel planning service. Or, you can a book travel agent that offers you complete itinerary with the travel package. Thus, you just need to follow their plan and enjoy the trip to the max without having mental breakdown.